Monday, September 21, 2009

Past Week [ 13-20 September ]

There's always a war going on - the war between your conscious and unconscious. Despite the writing of diary being my top priority, i haven't had the time to put my thoughts on the cloud. Time would be an excuse, the real reason being that i was too lazy plus my unconscious was telling me to relax instead of sitting infront of the monitor typing away whatever precious moments one has, never realising the value of present, while deeply immersed in his past. But the purpose here is more than reliving the past. Rather it is a chronicle of events that may or may not have a bearing on the future. So here i am, sitting infront of the monitor, putting words to my thoughts, which for the moment are in a slumber, heavily dozed as they are by the music. After many years, i am hearing all the songs of a bollywood movie, without forwarding, without changing tracks midway, and am enjoying the music. The album is titled What's your rashi? An interesting title for a film by Ashutosh G. who already has earned his place under the sun.Maybe the washing chore may have helped the album having an uninterrupted play. For it is usually my habit to wash clothes late into the night, with music playing in the background. And this album was versatile enough to have left an impression, instead of being a one time wonder.

The past week has been hectic one for me. Last sunday we had a lecture on Telecom in the morning slot (10 to 1). We discussed various project topics and i have chosen to go for rural mobile applications. Rural areas account for almost 2/3 rd of population with over 6,38,000 villages and any company wishing for a long stint will have to go there. And I wish to see if any applications can be launched which can tap into the rural masses, which are suffering from chronic epidemic of poverty and illiteracy. I have got three more months to think about that... After the lecture i proceeded to malad, to meet Kaushik. Kaushik had also invited Sanjeev to his flat for lunch. Now Kaushik and Sanjeev are my friends from Ram Krishna Mission days and it is always a pleasure to meet them. Had a wonderful & heavy lunch there, for when I lay down for a small nap, i woke up 5 hrs later with the day at an end. Decided to spend the night there and watched two movies - Deathnote, a japanese film about a notebook which causes the death of any person whose name is written on it and, Peaceful Warrior, based on a book by the same name, which is more of a philosophical movie that teaches to live in present. Both were excellent films! That's the beauty of life...when you have no expectation..life throws wonderful surprises at you....And at times when you want something badly...you miss things entirely!

Monday saw me hurrying back to my hostel and after a quick nap of 3 hours, i went for the supply chain management lecture, which incidentally was repeated on Tuesday also. Both of the lectures were boring...being about transport modes... Plus the mode of teaching was doubly boring...Some teachers just don't have it in them despite being good... Similarly the B2B lecture continued the boring trend as well as the lectures on IT & E business... I sound repetitive to myself and may be biased, but by God, are they boring?? A very big time! It's only the persistence of Indian student and his sharp mind that forces him to rise inspite of all the odds!

The book which i had got issued from the library " Habit by Neale Martin" is yet to be finished. Imagine just a 180 odd pages book which despite my best intentions i haven't been able to finish in the past 2 weeks. Sometimes i wonder what has happened to my reading habit? It is merely a shadow of its past and going by the way things are, i may even give up on reading newspapers!

Earlier i had felt that industry people should take lectures but after attending lectures for the past one year i feel that their involvement should be kept to a minimum. Oh it looks good as a concept with all the practical experience & all that thrown in, but in reality is a recipe for disaster. If you don't believe me, ask my batch mates. Out of 10 such teachers, only one, ok max 2, does any justice. Imagine my plight when during my first year i was told to write just a half page answer to every question, if i wanted to get my copy checked. It killed all the thirst for knowledge ( for i have never cared for marks, which has always been my nemesis).

So after numbing through the lectures in the college i was looking for a free weekend to roam around in mumbai. Alas it was not to be! Another idiotic thing that happens if you keep industry people as your lecturers. The only thing that created some buzz during the past week was product and brand management show we were asked to put up, followed by FMCG roundtable. Gandhiji participated in 3 round tables and he could get nothing out of it, and i am wondering the same, can we get something out of it? Are round tables worthless by the very definition? apart from creating the buzz ofcourse!

Our exam schedules are out and we are expected to give the exams for 10 papers in 12 straight days...atleast the schedule is out...So the next few weeks are going to be tight for me...tight enough so that i may put off writing...but still will try to pen down my thoughts.

Oh there are so many thoughts to write.. the birthday party i attended in chembur hostel(Ashish G)...the sitting together of few friends...My first day Vrat of navratri...and the gulping down of food the next day...progress in my jogging distance...my love & hate relationship with god...my affair with beethovan & Mozart... my new N86...but i guess i have reached the end of my patience...I am too lazy to write anything and the bed looks too inviting to me! So off i go to sleep! I have a class at 2pm so i can afford to sleep late. More next time!

No comments: