Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Must have software (internet radio )

I have been a late entrant to the internet bandwagon.So though i knew internet radio existed i never took it seriously.Until now. My only exposure was to visit BBC radio and listen to their world news.All that changed when I was introduced to the genre of Trance. In India the genre of trance,to say the least is nonexistant. So I got a few tracks from my friends,downloaded some from the limewire and had a mini collection.But it didn't whet my appetite,so I turned to radio(internet that is).
My first choice was to access it through windows media player 11.It is a good software but i became fed up of it due to two reasons- one,it is a resource gobbler and with only 512mb RAM on my lappie, I would struggle to run other applications along with it.And,Two-It deleted my favorite station list every few days.So ended my romance with WMP11.
So while in search of a internet radio player I came across Screamer Radio.Its just 1.6 MB big and is very easy on resources.Also it has a large built in library of stations available according to genre,region,network and language.It is minimalist in design but very intuitive. The only negative I have come across is that it has some dead links.Now that can be easily managed by entering manual links pointing to resources.So I would recommend this piece of software to anyone who is willing to experiment with the internet radio.
Enjoy!
http://www.screamer-radio.com
This is the homepage from where you can download the software.It is a freeware and leaves very small footprint on your system.

2 comments:

Akshay Aggarwal said...

nice thing.. am xprimntng wid it

Rajkurrun Naga said...

Impressive! I would like to have a website of my own and to contribute daily to it. can you help me? I'm still a complete novice in wedsite matters.